Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Goodbye Michael

I've been rather quiet in my blogging regarding the sudden passing of King of Pop, Michael Jackson. First, I didn't quite know what to say about it. I guess I was shocked like the rest of the world. Then came all the speculation surrounding the circumstances of his death. Then came the resurfacing of the molestation accusations charges. Then came the details of his final will & testament.

It's just been a BIG mess!

But I refuse to get caught up in any of it. Not in the least bit!

Michael Jackson was the SUPERSTAR of superstars. His music, his influence on music, his creation of MUSIC VIDEOS! No words can express the infiniteness of this man's talent.

I vividly remember watching Michael's video on television. Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller, Remember the Time, I'm Bad, Black & White, Scream (Mike & Janet)... The list goes on and on. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. His videos brought families together. They were a BIG DEAL! His performances stopped all others. Tell me how many entertainers have brought family togethers like Michael Jackson. There are NONE.

Michael Jackson deserves every bit of everything that his fans are expressing during this time. We, his fans, are honoring the man who spent his life entertaining the world. Despite the troubles in her personal life, Michael achieved what he was put on this Earth for--to bring the world together through music.

Michael, you will be missed. I'm sorry for the public humiliation you endured. But R.I.P. knowing you ARE loved forever and you live on through your music and your family and ALL those who love you.

Personally I thank you for the joy your music brought to me. I'll think of you always whenever I hear your songs.

No comments: