Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Martini's and Manuscripts

Tomorrow is the BIG day! Martinis and Manuscripts at the Renaissance Center, Tower 200 in downtown Detroit. I'm pretty excited and filled with nervous anticipation, this being the first event I'm particiating in as a featured author! But being an active member of Motown Writers Network and host of the 2nd Wednesday Michigan Literary Network blogtalk radio show, I'm sure nervous anticipation will soon be a feeling of the past.

As for tomorrow, I have no clue what to expect! Will I be introduced? Will I have to introduce myself? Or will I just be standing behind my assigned table to speak with people who come up to chat? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm fighting off the jitterbugs and working on promotional items. Yes, I should've started working on those when I got offered the author spot. But what can I say? I'm a procrastinator :( Funny thing is, if I hadn't had a scare on Monday that my books weren't going to be shipped on time, I probably wouldn't have thought about any promotional items. As they say, "everything happens for a reason." It's a good thing the purpose of this event isn't selling books (though sales will be a definite plus), but networking and offering advise & words of wisdom. However, promotional items are a plus so I won't disappoint attendees. I'll have business cards, promotional bookmarks and writing tips to share.

I'm looking forward to a fulfilling & fun time tomorrow evening. If you can come out, please do. I'd love and appreciate your support

Til later :)

L.A. Jefferson

No comments: