Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Book Heaven

Yes, I'm temporarily back to my roots--reading. Finally, things have slowed down enough for me to spend some time doing what I love. And I didn't even have to visit a library or a book store--I had plenty to choose from in my private library. As an author (Wow, I'm so glad I can say that now!), I used to feel guilty about taking time out to read because I was feeling like I should've been spending that time writing something. But NOT this time. Everybody needs a break, even from doing what they love, and this is my break. Besides, good writers need to keep reading.

Since I have so many to choose from, I decided to do something I've never done before--read multiple books simultaneously. Sort of. LOL! I've got a Patricia Cornwell audio book playing in my car, a paperback Heather Graham novel that a lunchroom attendant at my job loaned me several months ago, and a Mary Higgins Clark holiday mystery novel that I picked up just in time for the holiday season.

Believe it or not, it's working quite well. One of my book reading partners does this all the time and I just couldn't fathom how she did this without getting the storylines jumbled in her head, but it's quite easy!

Anyway, I'm enjoying this time while I have it because come the new year, it'll be time to move full speed ahead with busy book promoting (Unfinished Business) and writing my second novel, Reconciliation to Hell.

No comments: