Friday, April 16, 2010

How Are the Book Sales Going?

Arrgh! I kinda hate when people ask me this question. I know people's hearts are in the right place, but I just wish I had a better answer for them. I mean, they don't want the truth. "They can't handle the truth!" Sound familiar??? Just kidding, but seriously, I know many of the people who have asked me this question want the best for me. They want to hear some stupendous number of books that I've sold and BELIEVE ME, I would love to disclose a stupendous number to them, but I just can't right now. As a self-published author there is a lot of work to be done to spur even a decent amount of book sales and I just haven't had that the time to dedicate to it lately. I've got a busy teenager to keep up with,  adolescent son who needs much attention. Oh yes, I have a day job that keeps the bills paid and I regularly commit time to serving my community. Not to mention, I'm really anxious to dedicate more time on my upcoming novel because I certainly don't want to take as many years to finish it as it did to finish the first one. Honestly, I don't feel bad about my slow book sales because I'm still reveling in the joy and satisfaction of having finally published the darn thing! However, I do recognize that I have to do more to get it out of my hands and into the hands of readers, so keep checking my blog for my progress. AND, by all means, if you have some suggestions, please feel free to leave your comments!

Til later...L.A.

No comments: