Sunday, October 24, 2010

Talk about Happy Friday

Last Friday was a good day. At my day job I had the opportunity to participate as a vendor in which the proceeds were to benefit our company's United Way Giving Campaign. It's funny that I ordered 10 copies of my book a couple of weeks ago in preparation for the event and I planned on ordering some more but time got away from me. Anyway, the morning of the event I found myself to be a nervous wreck! Why? I don't know considering it was my very coworkers who would patronizing me along with the other participating vendors. Well, before I could even set up my table good I'd made a sell of two books! Immediately, I became nervous that I didn't have enough books if that was indicative of how my sells were going to go for the day. Luckily, I had two more copies sitting in the cabinet at my desk. By the end of the day I sold all my inventory of books! I was ecstatic. My weekend was definitely off to a great start. And to top it all off, not only did I have promotional items available with all of my contact & book information,  I even remembered to have available a mailing list for passer bys and those who purchased the book so I can keep them abreast on my work. Girlfriend is stepping up her game, right???